“Speed Sensitive Traffic Signals” use speed detectors (radar, road-loop etc.) in conjunction with a traffic signal to cause light to change to red if speeding is detected. For more information see Speed Sensitive Signals
- Significant evidence that speeding is controlled
- No negative impact of capacity reduction associated with Road Diets
- If desired, can be incorporated together with speed camera, to automatically issue speeding or red-light citations for drivers that cross red-light
- Works at all times of day and night, and does not rely on congestion required by Road Diets to control speed
- No evidence of negative results in studies over 10 years, used extensively in Europe, also USA.